Propulsion owner Ashtyn Johnson learned her love for movement early – as a 3200 meter runner on the track, she also competed in shot put and was 3rd in state in power lifting in high school. Not the typical combination of activities for most athletes, but as she began to focus solely on running, she found injury stopped her from consistent training and kept her from competing at the level she knew she was capable of.
Using a combination of running, cycling, lifting, climbing, ballet (yes, a power lifting climbing ballerina runner), and more she has had success competing at a variety of distances and disciplines and uses the same philosophy for herself that she uses in her work as a personal trainer in Austin, TX.
She has a long list of accomplishments to her name, including:
- Sky Island 25K, 3rd Place Female
- Crown King Scramble 50K
- Rocky Raccoon 100
- The Original Mud Run
- Fight For Air Climb (64 flight stair climb)
- Enchanted Rock Extreme Duathlon
- Hiked 14’ers; Gray’s Peak, Torrey’s Peak, Pike’s Peak, Quandary Peak, Mt. Elbert
- The Boston Marathon
- Coached Rock Climbing Team to Nationals
- Completed multi-day cycling events; The Texas Forest Tour, Hell Week
- Hotter’N Hell Century
- Completed Sprint, Olympic, Half Ironman and Triathlon Relays
- Instructed + Assisted Yoga at The Yoga Project and Dynorock
- Trained from one-on-one to corporate group settings in bootcamp, interval, or strength style training
- Competed in Cross Country, Track (3200m + Shot Put), and Power Lifting (3rd in State) in High School
- Director, Austin Fit
Ashtyn is passionate about empowering people to meet their goals through the creation of highly individualized training plans that incorporate a variety of training methodologies.
Her passion for learning, incredible love for helping others find the best part of themselves, and deep understanding of movement allow her to create well-rounded training programs that keep her athletes injury free while helping them meet and exceed their goals.
- Cooper Institute – CPTCI
- Yoga Assist Certification, The Yoga Project
- USATF Level 1 Coaching Certification
- Crossfit Endurance Trainer
- Pose Method Certification, In Process